Sunday, March 29, 2009

Flo' Rida

So as some of you may know, this half of toobucktoblog (Chris) is currently in Florida. I'm taking a few days to visit Full Sail University and spend some time with my grandparents. But as luck may have it, there is little to no internet connection here, so this will most likely be my only post until I get home on Tuesday. And because I'm on there computer that has a dial-up connection, I can't upload any pictures that I've taken so far, so those are going to have to wait too.

But in the 27 hours since arriving in Florida, I've realized a few things

1. People from Florida talk very, very loud.
2. People from Florida drive very fast. In fact, all highways have at least a 70 mph speed limit. But according to my grandfather, you can go up to 88 before any cop will think twice to pull you over.
3. EVERYBODY from Florida drinks iced tea. And if you ask for an iced tea at a restaurant, they ask if you would like it "sweet" or not.
4. People in Florida think it is "cold" outside if it is 60 degrees.
5. Everywhere I've been so far, I've seen at least 3 "mall goth's" or "Juggalo's". When I asked my grandfather about it, all he could say was "their pants must do a number on the washing machine..."
6. On the drive from Orlando to my grandparents house in Punta Gorda,which is about a 3 hour drive, I noticed that every exit on the highway had a sign for a Waffle House and a Cracker Barrel (This is not an exageration whatsoever).
7. They have both Sonic and CiCi's Pizza here.
8. They don't build houses with basements here, because they will most likely flood at some point or another.
9. They Tampa Bay Airport has an enormous Harley Davidson Store in it.
10. It rains at least once every single day. It could be for as little as 5 minutes or it could be for an entire day. But nevertheless, it will dry up in a matter of minutes.

Hopefully I can track down some internet, but I seriously doubt it.
See ya Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. coming from a 14 year vet of florida.. amazing observations chris, you nailed it. however i think the sonic's must be fairly new because i never saw any, but i did live in palm beach county (2-3 hours south of orlando) so maybe they're more common up there.
    my aunt still calls me all the time to tell me that it's going to be "Freezing!" tonight with an added "brrrr" for effect. I ask her how cold and she goes, "low sixties!" then i get pissed.
    and the signs for cracker barrel and waffle house are CONSISTENT from about Washington DC alllll the way down to southern Florida. so about the mason/dixon line.
    also, you might be lovin' the endless amounts of perfect flatground? enjoy my old home state.

    raul

    ReplyDelete
  2. raul!! add me or give me a link to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, my sister and Maddie told me about you two, and they were so right...total babes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i went to florida it was all about the breakfast buffets...its a very fatty state

    -seth

    ReplyDelete